Cash Acme Tank Booster is a Temperature Actuated Mixing Valve that mixes hot water with cold to deliver tempered water at a controlled temperature to 120°F (49°C).
The Tank Booster is intended for installation at the water heater to distribute controlled temperature water through hot water systems in residential and commercial applications. The valve delivers water at 120°F (49°C), allowing the heater to be set at 140°F (60°C) or higher, thus providing a greater effective volume of hot water and reducing the chances of Legionella bacterial growth in the water.
The Tank Booster is a high quality mixing valve incorporating the latest in thermostatic technology. It features a robust design based on the expertise gained from years of experience in the design and manufacture of safety valves. Every valve is tested for performance on an automated testing station during the assembly process. The valve is third party listed for distribution applications.
The Tank Booster incorporates a fast acting, high quality thermostatic element that senses the outlet water temperature and reacts to maintain a stable delivery temperature even under changing flows or variations in supply temperatures. The valve also greatly reduces the outlet flow in the event of a cold water supply failure.
The Tank Booster is factory set at 120°F (49°C), but can easily be adjusted.
The Tank Booster is designed for easy and quick installation and is shipped complete with the valve, flexible connector and water heater tee. Can be used with SharkBite flexible water heater connectors for easy installation while using Copper, PEX, or CPVC tubing. Does not require any transition fittings.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Precise temperature control: Safer hot water from all outlets.
- Allows the water heater to be set at 140°F (60°C) or higher: Greater effective hot water volume and less chance of Legionella within the cylinder.
- Every valve is tested for performance prior to shipping: Specify and install with confidence!
- More hot water from the same water heater: Higher storage temperature means a greater effective hot water volume delivered at a safe 120°F (49°C).
- Robust, low complexity construction: Superior reliability, improved user safety.
- Adjustable and lockable mechanism: Minimizes unauthorized tampering with valve setting. Factory set at 120°F (49°C)
- Listed by IAPMO and ASSE: Inspector friendly, peace of mind.
- Integral recirculation port: Allows quick and neat installations in systems with recirculation.
- Includes the Tank Booster Temperature Gauge: Allows visual verification of water outlet temperature.
A Temperature Actuated Mixing Valve shall be installed at the water heater to distribute tempered water throughout the domestic hot water system at a temperature of 120°F (49°C). The valve shall be certified to ASSE 1017, ASSE 1070, ASSE 1070, CSA B 125.3, NSF/ANSI 372, NSF/ANSI 61 and shall be listed by a third party. The Temperature Actuated Mixing Valve shall control the delivered water temperature via a regulating piston made from engineered polymer. The adjusting mechanism shall be lockable. The valve shall be a Cash Acme Tank Booster Pro.
Residential and commercial hot water distribution applications. To control water temperature at the source of heat (water heater) to provide a safe distribution temperature.
- Operating temperature range: 90 – 130°F (32 – 55°C)
- Factory set temperature range: 115 – 120°F (46 – 48.9°C)
- Hot temperature supply range: 120 – 180°F (48.9 – 82.2°C)
- Cold temperature supply range: 39 – 80°F (5 – 27°C)
- Maximum supply pressure: 150 psi (1030 kPa)
- Flow rate, minimum: 1 gpm (4 L/min)
- Flow rate, maximum: See flow curve
- Body: DZR Brass
- Seals: EPDM
- Springs: Stainless Steel
- Internal Cap: Brass
- Piston: Engineered Polymer
- Guide tube: Noryl GFN2
- ¾” MNPT mix outlet x ¾” FNPT union fitting x ¾” NPSH cold inlet
The Cash Acme Tank Booster is certified to ASSE 1017, ASSE 1070, CSA B125.3, NSF/ANSI 61, and NSF/ANSI 372 and listed by IAPMO and ASSE for use in accordance with the U.S. and Canadian plumbing codes.
Download the PDF version of the Tank Booster Pro Spec Sheet here.