Thermal Balancing Valve
The Cash Acme™ Thermal Balancing Valve (TBV) is a thermostatic circuit control valve that automatically controls the temperature within a circulating hot water system to ensure a balanced water temperature throughout the system. The TBV features automatic thermal disinfection, an integrated check valve, and a temperature gauge.
Once the water temperature rises to its set point at 135° F, the thermal balancing valve restricts the flow. A bypass will automatically open when supply temperature exceeds 160° F to allow disinfection. The valve provides thermal balance in hot water systems to ensure a constant temperature. Thermal balancing valves are installed on the return line of the hot water circuit, after the outlets.
Features and benefits:
- Adjustable outlet temperature range 104°F-149°F (40°C-65°C).
- Factory set temperature 136°F (58°C).
- Max working temperature 210°F (99°C).
- Thermal disinfection temperature range >158°F (70°C).
- Temperature gauge 32°F-212°F (0°C-100°C).
- Accuracy ±3.6°F (2°C).
- Maximum working pressure 145 psi.
- Test pressure 1 GPM.
- Balances temperature throughout a hot water recirculation system; Prevents dead-legs in the system.
- Integrated thermal disinfection at 158°F.
- Automatically sanitizes water and protects against legionella.
- Integrated check valve and temperature gauge.
- Installation is quicker and easier.
- Dry-fit thermometer included so no need to drain the system.